Monday, September 19, 2011

Blog 3: Presentation 1

I'll be describing the difference between improv and scripted plays. I figure it's an easy enough idea to grasp, and I can fill up five minutes of talking. I think it can provide a good introduction to my topic by narrowing it down a bit.

Objective: Explain the difference between improvisational and scripted performing.
Procedure: I will begin by asking the class if they know the difference between improv and scripted performance, and not call on anybody on the improv team. If I get a correct answer, I will display my visual, and go into more detail about the different games and rules of improv.
Check for understanding: Ask general questions relating to the rules that I introduced previously.
Materials: My visual(s) will be a script from a stage play.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Hmmm...maybe a little too basic if you stop with differences between. I feel like everyone knows this. Are you going to discuss more than the fact that scripted is planned ahead and improv is made up as you go along? I guess you could do a comparison of the different qualities for a good production of each.

    2. How will you use the script? Will there be a copy for everyone? What is the point of this visual?

    3. List specific content of what you will teach, and specific questions that you will ask in your check.

    ReplyDelete